Avoid Tax Return Processing Delays

Here is a list of the items to that you will need to have your 2021 tax returns processed efficiently and accurately.

  1. Original form(s) W-2
  2. Original form(s) 1099R (pensions/retirement documents)
  3. All 1099s – interest and dividend (brokerage) statements (include any 1099s for dependents)
  4. Social Security Statements (forms SSA-1099 or RRB-1099)
  5. 1099G – New York State unemployment, if applicable – Note:  This must be downloaded from the NY State Website – https://apps.labor.ny.gov/IndividualReg//
  6. W-2G – Statement of Gambling Winnings
  7. Forms 1095A, 1095B, and/or 1095C related to health care coverage or the Premium Tax Credit
  8. Form 1098T, 1098E, – Support for educational expenses- PLEASE NOTE IF STUDENT IS A FRESHMAN OR SOPHOMORE
  9. Form 1098 – mortgage interest statement from the bank. If you do not have an escrow account or a mortgage, include real estate tax bills
  10. 1099SA – Contributions/Distributions from a Health Savings Account, Archer MSA or Medicare Advantage MSA
  11. 1099Q – contributions/withdrawals from an education savings or 529 plan account
  12. Statement from childcare provider – include name, address, amt. paid, and the Fed. ID # of payee.
  13. 13. Schedule(s) K-1 form Partnerships, S Corporations, LLCs, Estates or Trusts
  14. 14. Copies of closing statements regarding the sale or purchase of real property
  15. 15. Legal papers for adoption, divorce or separation involving the custody of your dependent children
  16. 16. A copy of your prior year’s tax returns (ONLY IF NOT IN OUR POSSESSION)
  17. 17. Letter 6419, 2021 Total Advance Child Tax Credit Payments, to reconcile advance child tax credit payments.  You can also visit https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/child-tax-credit-update-portal
  18. 18.  Letter 6475, Your 2021 Economic Impact Payment, to determine eligibility to claim the recovery rebate credit (received March or April of 2021)